If you had $1,000 in extra cash, who would you help?
…My daughter’s community soccer league to buy new nets for the field.
…My son’s school PTA to buy new textbooks.
…My local museum for kids’ art programs.
Something we keep hearing from customers is their desire to help local causes and community projects with the earnings from their thredUP bags. We put our heads together here in San Francisco and decided we’d create a feature called thredUP Groups to help our customers raise cash and awareness for local causes by making it possible for them to donate their thredUP bag earnings to a cause.
We’re so excited about supporting the many causes our customers care about that we’ve set aside $100,000 so that thredUP Groups can be matched up to $1,000 each. Here’s the skinny on how to create a thredUP Group and earn cash for a cause you care about.
- Start a Group. Is there a cause that matters to you that would benefit from an extra $1,000? Groups big and small are invited to clean out their closets and earn cash for their cause.
- Invite others to join your group. How much money you raise depends on how much clothing your Group sends into thredUP, so the more friends the merrier!
- Send in outgrown kids’ clothes to thredUP. Request free “clean out” bags and we’ll send you bags with pre-paid shipping labels. Fill the bag up with your high quality, outgrown kids’ clothes, send it back to thredUP and get paid for the items we accept.
- Once your Groups campaign finishes, thredUP will match you up to $1,000*. (For example, if you meet a goal of $600, we will contribute an additional $600. Or if you meet a goal of $1,200, we will contribute an additional $1,000.)
We’re thrilled at the chance to work with you to make a real difference!
- The thredUP team
* Note: The thredUP matching program ends when we’ve exhausted the $100,000 fund, or December 31, 2013 (whichever comes first). To be a part of the magic, make sure to create your Group’s “end date” is before that date!