Terms of Service
thredUP (“thredUO” or “we”) allows individuals (“Contributors”) to submit photos, videos, and text (“Social Media Content”) in response to a marketing campaign (“Campaign”). The Social Media Content and Management services offered by thredUP (collectively, the “thredUP Inc.”) are hosted in the United States. When you upload Content, you agree to this Terms and Conditions Agreement (“Agreement”).
By accessing and/or using the StoryBox Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you browse the StoryBox Services without being registered) or you are a “Contributor” (which means that you have registered with StoryBox or have given direct approval to a Client via a designated hashtag on a social media platform) and have uploaded Content. The term “User” refers to a Visitor or a Contributor.
StoryBox reserves the right to modify this Agreement from time to time, and each such modification shall be effective upon posting on the StoryBox Services. All material modifications will apply prospectively only. Your continued use of the StoryBox Services following any such modification constitutes your acceptance of the Agreement as modified.
Use of the StoryBox Services and registration to be a Contributor for the StoryBox Services (“Membership”) is void where prohibited. By registering, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information on file with StoryBox; (c) you are 18 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the StoryBox Services does not violate any applicable law. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we learn or reasonably believe that any of the above conditions are not being met.
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the StoryBox Services or are a Contributor. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Contributor’s Account Information page. StoryBox reserves the right to (i) reject, refuse to transmit to Client, or remove, any Content, and (ii) restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to the StoryBox Services, without liability. StoryBox reserves the right to reassign or rename your profile URL. StoryBox may terminate your Membership at any time without liability. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect as necessary by its provisions.
Currently, use of the StoryBox Website is free. StoryBox may charge for access to and use of the StoryBox Website. In such case, all Contributors will be notified in advance of such change.
- Contributor Account Information.
When you register, we collect the following minimum information: name, date of birth, address, email address. Some Clients may request additional information. It is Your choice to provide the requested information. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your account credentials. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account. You agree to notify StoryBox immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account. You agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of another Contributor.
- Social Media Content.
- Grant of License. When you post Social Media Content that includes Client hashtags, you grant a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully-paid up and transferable license to use such Social Media Content to (i) the Client (including StoryBox and similar authorized service providers), and (ii) associated Client merchants (collectively, the “Licensees”) for social media marketing, advertising and related purposes, in any media now or hereafter known and without obligation or accounting to you.
- Right to Use Your Name and Likeness. You grant each of the Licensees the right to store and publish your name, username, likeness and other identifying information you provide in connection with the Social Media Content you post.
- Your Responsibilities. You are solely responsible for any Social Media Content that you submit. By submitting Social Media Content, you hereby represent and warrant that: (i) subject to the rights you grant to the Licensees hereunder, you own all rights in and to your Social Media Content you post, (ii) you have all necessary consent from all person(s) appearing in your Social Media Content to post your Social Media Content in accordance with this agreement; (iii) neither you, nor are any individuals appearing in the Social Media Content are a minor (except in the case where you are the minor’s parent or legal guardian with authority to grant permission for the minor’s appearance).
- You also hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Licensees and their authorized representatives from any liability in connection with the use of Social Media Content, including but not limited to: (i) claims related to copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity rights, and (ii) claims that the Social Media Content is defamatory, obscene, threatening, hateful, or similar matters. You agree to indemnify and hold StoryBox, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, subcontractors and other partners, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the StoryBox Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement and/or any Content that you post on, through or in connection with the StoryBox Services.
- StoryBox Rights and Obligations. StoryBox or Client may reject, refuse to post or delete any Content for any or no reason, including, non-compliance with this Agreement. StoryBox assumes no responsibility for monitoring the StoryBox Services for inappropriate Social Media Content or conduct, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Social Media Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
- Honesty and Candor in Submissions. You represent and warrant that for all Content uploaded or submitted by You: (i) You use the product or service described in the Content; (ii) the Content reflects Your and any other person appearing in the Content’s honest opinions, findings, beliefs and experience about or with the product or service described in the Content; (iii) You did not create the Content on behalf of your employer, any organization, or anyone other than Yourself; (iv) if you have a material connection to the Client (such as being an employee of the Client or receiving any payment or benefit from the Client in connection with creating the Content); (v) You have disclosed such material connection in the Content; (vi) the Content does not include any statements about the Advertiser, its products or its services, that the Advertiser itself could not make directly (because unsubstantiated or otherwise false or misleading).
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
If you believe your work has been infringed using StoryBox Services or our website, please send StoryBox’s Copyright Agent a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the StoryBox Services (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement); (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. StoryBox’s Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent, StoryBox, Inc., 560 Mission St., Suite 1300, San Francisco CA, 94105; Attn: Copyright Agent. StoryBox’s Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can also be reached electronically at email@example.com
- Client Linked Services.
Linked Services created by Clients may be available in connection with the StoryBox Services. Linked Services include apps, websites, desktop, wireless, mobile and other services from Clients installed onto your StoryBox profile or shared with other Users or which link to your StoryBox account from outside of the StoryBox Services. Linked Services may use your StoryBox profile information, friends and/or other profile content on the Linked Service and share activity events between StoryBox and the Linked Service (depending on the features the Linked Service chooses to make available).
- Third Party Disputes.
You are solely responsible for any material or information that you transmit to, and for your interactions with, other StoryBox Users, Clients, third party developers or any other parties with whom you interact through the StoryBox Services and/or Linked Services. StoryBox reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with these disputes.
STORYBOX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE AS TO THE CONTENT OR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT POSTED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE STORYBOX SERVICES OR LINKED SERVICES, BY USERS OF THE STORYBOX SERVICES OR LINKED SERVICES, AND SUCH CONTENT DOES NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE OPINIONS OR POLICIES OF STORYBOX. IN ADDITION, STORYBOX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS CAUSED BY USERS OF THE STORYBOX SERVICES OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE STORYBOX SERVICES OR LINKED SERVICES. STORYBOX ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION. STORYBOX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, FAILURE OF ANY EMAIL OR PLAYERS DUE TO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL STORYBOX BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM USE OF THE STORYBOX SERVICES OR LINKED SERVICES. THE STORYBOX SERVICES AND LINKED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND AS-AVAILABLE AND TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, STORYBOX EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, STORYBOX DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ON THE STORYBOX SERVICES IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT OR THAT THE STORYBOX SERVICES WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR. STORYBOX MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED OR REFERRED TO, ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. STORYBOX CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE STORYBOX SERVICES OR LINKED SERVICES.
- Limitation on Liability.
IN NO EVENT SHALL STORYBOX BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE STORYBOX SERVICES OR LINKED SERVICES, EVEN IF STORYBOX HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, STORYBOX’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO STORYBOX FOR THE STORYBOX SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
- U.S. Export Controls.
Any software available in connection with the StoryBox Services (the “Software”) is further subject to United States export controls. No software may be downloaded from the StoryBox Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the software is at your sole risk.
The Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and StoryBox agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of California to resolve any dispute arising out of the Agreement or the StoryBox Services. EACH OF THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. EACH OF THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THIS SECTION IS A MATERIAL INDUCEMENT FOR THE OTHER PARTY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the StoryBox Website or any of the StoryBox Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Contributor. Your agreement with StoryBox will always include this Agreement at a minimum. Your access and use of certain StoryBox Services may require you to accept additional terms and conditions applicable to such certain StoryBox Services, in addition to this Agreement, and may require you to download software or other content. The failure of StoryBox to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. StoryBox is a trademark of StoryBox, Inc. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
To contact us regarding any questions about this Agreement, please e-mail any question you may have to feedback@StoryBox.com.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.